Accepting Applications for The John R. Young Career Enhancement Scholarship Program
Are you looking for a little extra help with your school expenses? NHFCU wants to help you with a scholarship opportunity! The John R. Young Career Enhancement Scholarship Program is available to adult learners and high school seniors for the 2024 program year.
NH Federal Credit Union and its Centers for Finance & Education will award scholarships to high school seniors and/or adults working part-time or full-time who wish to enhance their careers through accredited colleges or required licensing programs. Eligibility includes NHFCU employees, members or eligible members.
All applications must be received between: Thursday, February 1 – Friday, April 19, 2024, and include the following:
- Completed application.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from any of the following: your current or a past employer, an organization you volunteer with, or a current or former teacher, coach, or mentor.
- Resume or school transcript. Include awards, volunteer participation, and other relevant activities.
- Verification of your enrollment in or acceptance in a trade school, accredited college, or recognized professional licensing program.
- Applicants must be age 18 or over and either: a) a member or eligible member of New Hampshire Federal Credit Union, or b) a current employee of NHFCU.
- An essay with a minimum of 300 words, responding to the following prompt: Describe how you found your passion for your career and how you believe this pursuit will make a positive difference in your community and in your life.
Incomplete applications without all required information will be disqualified.
Scholarship winners will be notified by Friday, May 17, 2024.